Mild Depression - For Me It Is All About The Bs - B Vitamins That Is

Before I go any further, let me make a couple things very clear. This is a post about my experience with minor depression and the use of B vitamin supplements. I am merely sharing how in my particular case, I have found sublingual B12 to be a wonderful thing. I am not suggesting B vitamins are a cure all and that all forms of depression are related to B vitamin intake. Nor am I suggesting that therapy and other methods be forsaken in favor of taking B vitamins.
Whew - lotta work covering one's ass, eh?

Overheard at a recent meeting of the Sub Substance Group:

Hi - my name is Cliff.
Hi Cliff.
I have been using sublingual B vitamins for about 20 years now.
Welcome.

I found sublingual B vitamins while channel surfing on a sleepless night a couple of decades ago. I am normally a pretty high energy kind of guy, but I had been feeling out of sorts. Not much enthusiasm for life or projects or or or. I kind of felt tired, but was not really tired.

Anyhow, the guy on TV was talking DIRECTLY to me when he was touting Sublingual Bs. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I ordered a bottle and started letting a tablet dissolve under my tongue every morning.

Hmmm - after a few days I noticed that the cloud hanging over my head was breaking up. (NOTE: the cloud over my head guy is NOT Pigpen - he is Joe Btfsplk from the cartoonist Al Capp - you know, the guy who created Lil Abner! Really.)


You would think that someone who has experienced the massive difference B vitamins made in his life, and who even blogged about it NINE YEARS AGO, would never go without his Bs. Uhm, well apparently I am not the brightest bulb on the tree of life. For some reason I quit putting my little pinkish-red pill from Wonder Labs every morning recently. Anyway time moved along and I started having the same trouble that started me taking Bs ages ago - my pep was pooped and I would sometimes feel really, really discouraged and almost like crying. Made NO sense - I wasn't sick. Had no temperature. Was sleeping great - the store is doing well and Julie and I moved to Lowell and we LOVE where we live. In other words, my life was firing on all cylinders - so what the hell is going on.

About a week ago I was shaving and looked up at my bottle of Bs and realized - WHOA, dude - you haven't taken a B in a couple three weeks. Took two a day for the next 3 days and then settled back to one in the morning. They have once again worked their wonder for me. Nothing else has changed in terms of sleep habit or diet - but the clouds are gone.

My point - if you are battling mild depression or feeling overwhelmed or sad - you might just want to try sublingual Bs. If you start taking them, I would recommend that you give them a week before you expect a change. Our body cycles through Bs like "shit through a goose" as my dad used to say. We pass them in large amounts which is why the dosage on sublinguals is usually so high. Hey - you got nothing to lose - except maybe that cloud over your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile