You Meet The Coolest People At Art Galleries. Case in Point: Patty Pierzchala aka Patty Pershayla

All though it seems a different lifetime, it was just a few weeks ago that my wife and I sponsored a series of concerts at LowellArts in our favorite town. There was supposed to be a total of 13 concerts featuring local and regional bands and/or musicians. The schedule included some whose work I was very familiar with as well as some musicians completely new to me. Fun thing for me is that I was able to serve as the host for the concerts which entailed introducing the talent. (Some might say we sponsored the concerts just so I could get in front of folks with a microphone, but.......)


One of new ones was Patty Pierzchala who appeared as a solo act opening for Chain of Lakes. Kyle Rasche, from Chain of Lakes, knows what its like to have your last name mangled, so he gave me the phonetic version of Patty's last name - Pershayla - which she uses when she is playing with her 3 piece band The Mayhaps. (Wrote all this to splain the aka business noted above.)

Patty took the stage and made me smile and tap my toes for about 20 minutes. She switched between a big ole hollow body guitar and a ukulele for her set, which was mostly originals with a cover or two tossed in. Whoa Nelly - her voice caught my attention right off the bat. Patty is a bold singer who makes the most of voice - BOOM! I was a fan after about a song and a half.

Here is a link to an example of her solo work:



Didn't get much of a chance to talk to Patty after the show, but thanks be to the interweb, she was pretty easy to track down. Since that time I have started following her on Facebook: Patty is here 



Whilst following Patty, I was treated to a couple more live performances from her in these COVID times and really enjoyed them. When she played in Lowell she made reference to playing the bass in a band called The Mayhaps. Loved the name, so I scouted them out. Holy Shizzle BatPerson - these three folks make some thumpin', booty shaking, shuffle dancing, cool ass music. 

Here is one that made my morning earlier this week: their song "Borders" recorded at Founders in 2019. The rockin' foundation from drummer Alec Klinefelter with Patty on the bass hooked me from the git go and then Lucas Powell's guitar solo at about 1:40 sealed the deal. 

These guys got it. Take a listen to Borders:




Patty Pershayla & The Mayhaps 

The Moral of The Story? Halleluiah - there are talented people lurking in art galleries and all over the interweb! Here is the Facebook home of Patty Pershayla & The Mayhaps.

In these days of no performance no where, if you get as fired up about Patty and The Mayhaps as I am, you can kick in a couple of bucks a month on their Patreon page and accomplish a couple things: show some love to local talent AND you have access to some great Socially Distanced Music available only to their Patreon Partners. 

Learn more about it and help the Mayhaps secure some funding to make a record: Patreon Support For The Mayhaps



I am looking forward to the days when we can all enjoy music live and direct, but in the meantime I sure appreciate all the great ways the interweb has for us to get some local music.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile