Life In My Favorite Small Town Is Shaping Up Like I Hoped It Would - Saturday Night PHUN

Many of you know that Julie and I sold our house and relocated to a place in Lowell about 4 blocks from the store. I could not be MORE pleased to be living in my favorite town in my favorite state.

Here are some immediate happy thoughts:

  • Walking to work more often than not. 
  • Living one block from the Flat River - which relates to the above.
  • Julie and I took advantage of the kayak launch with our new to us kayak.
    Okay - that ain't Julie - Grandson Hunter on I on the Flat River.


    How about this for a cool, small town Saturday night (last night):
We walked about 5 blocks to one of the new restaurants in Lowell - the brewpub Big Boiler Brewery. They are about 2 blocks east of our store and have a really cool set up in part of a former furniture factory. (You can learn more about Big Boiler by clicking THIS HERE LINK.)

I enjoyed a 10 ounce glass of their Hefeweizen (me n wheat beers are tight) and after my meal sipped a 5 oz sample of their Saison. Yum on both accounts. Julie and I split an appetizer and the split worked well - we had the Beer Cheese thingamabob which came with house made chips AND some bread they make from the spent grain of the beer. WOW - this was a perfect split for us because I LOVED the bread (our server Hailey did a great job and even granted my request for two more slices of the bread) and Julie Claire, being the champion of chips - enjoyed them to the max.

Julie ate a Reuben and I enjoyed a Caesar salad with chicken. And the last two slices of the Spent Grain Bread came at the right time as I was sipping my Saison.

The Main Event for our Saturday Night fun was a play put on by Lowell Arts at Larkins Other Place (aka the old Strand theater). We went to see the comedy The Dixie Swim Club. We had a very good time. Part of the fun of community theater is seeing folks you know portraying people you don't know. Julie and I knew a couple of the cast members and it was great to see them perform. We also enjoyed the great job done by the three cast members we didn't know! I had recently become acquainted with the director of the show, Randi, so that added another cool dimension to the evening for me.
You need to treat yourself to the new LowellArts gallery on Main Street.
The have done a wonderful job with design and execution.


The venue was nice - the set was very, very well done. We were sitting right down front and could take in all the details of the set. You must bear with me a bit - I am not trying to ignore the great job the cast members did in making us smile and laugh, but as a former theater techie I love to give shout outs to the folks behind the scenes - well done CREW!!

Main Street Inn - on the Flat River in Lowell. 

After enjoying a great night out, Julie and I put on our coats and walked the 6-7 blocks back home. Said walk took us over the aforementioned Flat River and by the "No Vacancy" sign in front of the Main Street Inn - a wonderful place to stay in Lowell. It hangs out over the river and you can go out on the deck and feel like you are on a boat. Something I realized from the vantage point of being in a kayak on the Flat is how nautical the Inn looks from the river. Well done on the design.

In short, after two months of living in Lowell - to say that small town living agrees with me is an understatement for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile