Stuff That Works - A Review of "Everything Has a Beginning" by Cathy LaPointe Blundy and Kathleen Money


Before I go any further, let me tell you that Julie and I have this book by our friends for sale in our store and on our website - which falls under Full Disclosure and Shameless Almost Self-Promotion, right?

Now that we are done with the disclosure part, how about we continue to the good stuff - this is a good book and the quality of the poems of Cathy and the artwork of Kathleen are what prompted us to offer it for sale in our store and web-store. We have know both of these talented ladies for years and when Cathy brought in a copy of her book to show us, we were very happy to ASK HER if we could help share it with people.

This is Cathy, the poet -


Here is Kathleen, the artist - 

I love this book for a bunch of reasons. First and foremost - it is good stuff! Secondly, I know BOTH of these people and they are from my favorite state: Michigan. The book is a great blending of a rookie and a veteran. Cathy is a life long lover of words, but this is her first publication. Kathleen has been making wonderful art since she and Julie were in High School together - her work is sold and recognized all over the country and in many parts of the world. (We had some in our store when we first opened and were a combination of art and jewelry.)

You can read more from Cathy here on her blog: Cathy LaPointe Blundy

Learn about Kathleen and feast your eyes on more of her work here: www.kathleenmooney.com

Obviously I do not want to spoil the treat of reading the book yourself, but here are some of the lines that caught my eye from the title poem:
"Hands shaking, Knees knocking,
stomach chewing on my spine
but still I stood,
determined to succeed."

"stomach chewing on my spine" - What a great turn of phrase that we can all relate to! 

I bought my copy and asked Cathy if she and Kathleen would let us offer their book for sale - thought it would be a nice compliment to my self-published effort. After she thought about it and talked to Kathleen our book department at Chimera DOUBLED in size! 

You can purchase their book here: Chimera Design Website or in our store - or from either of them. 

No matter where you get your copy, you will enjoy and appreciate the talent of these two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile