Stuff That Works - A Review of The Art of Shaving Products

I am NOT a Brand Name kind of guy. Nor do I believe that the more expensive a product is, the better it is in all cases. That being said, I must tell you that the products from The Art of Shaving are well worth the money you spend on them. 

NOTE: I paid retail prices at the store for everything and 
was NOT compensated in any way for this review.


Two pieces of history. First, I got into shaving with a single blade about 5 or 6 six years ago. I read an article about how shaving with old fashioned blades was much more Earth friendly. Just for the heck of it, I ordered a copy of the book - The Art of Shaving (this was before they started opening stores all over the country.) The book was great - I learned about having a good boar bristle brush and how to apply the shaving cream with the brush.  Now, you can get shaving tips right on their website: Click This Link.

Secondly, I have been using LAB Series shave cream for a long, long time. I have compared to others and even blogged about it in 2014 and Compared LAB to CREMO.

Well, the LAB series has been replaced in my bathroom with Art of Shaving.
Wow - this stuff rocks.  I use the Sandal Wood Cream and the container in the picture costs $25.

See the little bit of it on the end of my brush in the picture below?
Well, that is MORE than enough for me to shave with.


Here is my lathered up face - getting ready to shave.


The picture below shows that there is plenty left to lather up another time, which is
how I typically shave. I do a once over, then get some more warm water on my
face and go over it again. 


I use the Sandal Wood after shaving lotion and it runs $40.
Great stuff - expensive, but well worth it.

The LAB Series that I used to use was about the same price, BUT I must say that the 
Art of Shaving cream produces a lovely lather and lasts 2-3 times longer. 

We have a store near us at Woodland Mall. Hopefully you have one in your neck of the woods.

Great stuff. Try it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile