Letter for letter transcription of talented writers.

Just recently started spending time on YouTube (I know, I know.....). I have been inspired by what I have found there. For instance - the are TONS of "note for note" videos in which aspiring drummers and guitar players play solos or entire songs by their favorite musical idols "note for note".



Ha! I can do something even cooler. I am doing "letter for letter" transcriptions of authors I admire. Consider this "letter for letter" version of a kick ass Mark Twain passage from Tom Sawyer: “The children fastened their eyes upon their bit of candle and watched it melt slowly and pitilessly away; saw the half inch of wick stand alone at last; saw the feeble flame rise and fall, climb the thin column of smoke, linger at its top a moment, and then — the horror of utter darkness reigned!”

Emboldened with that success, I threw caution out the dang window and tried my hand at others: John Grisham, John Steinbeck, Agatha Christie, Harold Robbins, Bill Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Stephen King - the list goes on and on AND I CAN DO IT!




Watch for my "letter for letter' videos on YouTube soon. Hope they go viral!

Comments

Unknown said…
Note for note and letter for letter are both pretty ridiculous. But I was in a writing class where we read a book that was a series of "covers" of older stories. The Book of Job, etc. It was pretty interesting. But it wasn't letter for letter. They just retold the old stories in different contexts.

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile