Stuff That Works - Art Prize in Grand Rapids.

Say what you will about uptight, conservative West Michigan/Grand Rapids.

We have ART PRIZE - what do YOU have?

Neener, neener, neener.

Sure - the attraction of the Big $$$$ for the winners can make things a little weird down there - like artists outside one venue handing out cards and urging me to go see THEIR stuff somewhere else - but c'mon Rest Of The World, Art Prize is fantastic.

Sure, some advantage goes to the artists who have their work placed in "better" locations, but I bet you that if some fantastic creation appears on the fringes somewhere we will know about it thanks to all the modern communication devices and tools that we have.

I cannot imagine another event or festival that allows ANYONE to experience the incredible variety of "art" for free. From the traditional to cutting edge and everything in between. I had my mind blown on my first visit down there today. It was incredible. Jaw dropping work of ALL KINDS.


I got so fired up and energized walking around Grand Rapids today. It was like being stoned - only I wasn't. Really.

Art Prize makes me PROUD to be from Grand Rapids.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is the first year I've been in town for Art Prize. It's insane how this thing kind of came out of nowhere while I was gone. I'm excited to see it for the first time. I just hope the weather doesn't prevent too many people from heading out.

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile