Mayhap we can agree on this one thing?


I was wondering if it might be possible for us in the US (be we Left, Right, Centrist, Independent, or Undecided) could MAYBE agree on one thing when it comes to guns.

First let me say that while I am not a hunter or gun owner, I really don't have an axe to grind with either of those groups. As a motorcycle rider who resides in the county that consistently leads the entire State of Michigan in deer-vehicle collisions, I am all in favor of the ladies n gents who enjoy hunting deer. More power to you. Feed the hungry with the deer you kill - from what I understand it is getting increasingly easier to do just that, but I digress.

With that being said, how about we put a Nationwide ban, with the exception of law enforcement and the military, on the sale of guns that hold more than six bullets? I don't want to take away any one's "right" to own a gun, but how about we make it harder for someone to tote around a gun that is capable of firing off almost three dozen rounds in less time that I can spell "Cincinnati" (I have a tendency to spell it wrong and always double check).

Why exactly would anyone besides a cop or a member of the armed forces need a handgun that can pack 33 rounds at a time? Target practice? Squirrels?

Can we all agree that offering such a gun for sale might could be a bad idea?

You can argue that EVEN if it was illegal, that nutjob in Arizona could have gotten his hands on one.

Yup, you can argue that if you want. I suppose he could get his hands on a tank or a drone missle launcher as well, but at least we tried to make it harder for him to do so. It is time ALL of us in the US got together and decided that we MUST regulate the sale of certain types of guns.
5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

The Kent County Youth Fair is Moving and I am PUMPED for Lowell.

A review of Terro ant bait vs Raid - Terro wins big time.