Ian Hunter - 70 and still rockin'.



Ianspirational - he is that.

I was fooling around on Rhapsody and uncovered a gem of an album that I used to listen to alla time: "Short Back n Sides" by the one and only Ian Hunter. Been listening to it all over again along with some of his work with Mott The Hoople.

Little did I know that he is still at it - in fact he JUST released a new album last month, and the Young Dude is now 70! The new album is "Man Overboard" - if you liked Ian back when we were all a little younger....then you will probably enjoy the new one. A couple of my faves from the new one are "Babylon Blues" and "Great Escape".
Way to go Ian. The picture below was taken in 2007 at a festival in England. Looking good.



Comments

Unknown said…
Whenever I get my brother and friends together for a good, old-fashioned hootinanny, "All the Young Dudes" is one of the standards we all jam to. The Mott the Hoople version with good ol' Ian, not the Bowie version. Ian Hunter's pretty awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile