How come concert videos have 1.5 second edits?

There I was surfing the music offerings my cable service offers On Demand and what should I discover but U2 in concert from the tour a couple years ago in Chicago. Cool. I turned it off after 4 songs even though it was great music.
Who ever edited it decided that to focus on any one of the four musicians, or to focus on anything at all - the crowd, great lighting, etc. etc - for more than 1.75 seconds at a time might leave us bored or something.
WTF? I would like to watch The Edge get what he gets out of his guitar for more than 3 bars. These hyper-speed edits suck major wind. I realize the camera is not going to look where I would look, but it is tiring to have the subject change every 1-5 seconds.
That is why I shut it off. Made me tired.
How about a concert video that spends a little time on each subject or on the band as a whole? Please?

Comments

Unknown said…
Same thing with movies. Wife and I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" and we agreed no more movies in theaters. Constantly jumping from one view to another. I didn't know they called them "edits". A wonderful story but obviously the producers think our attention will drift if not bombarded with short flashing scenes, and extremely loud stereophonic mind numbing eardrum bursting sound. If I ever do go to a theater again, I will wear earplugs.
Fritz
Big Red Dawg said…
Yes yes on the vvolume - louder is NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!
Movie editors need to lay off the RedBull and adderoll.
You probably have some earplugs in your motorcycle bag, eh?
Anonymous said…
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile