Mexico City is cleaning up the air.

I love it when I get to see some good news on the environmental front. I just read in The Week that Mexico City has made some very big improvements in their air quality over the last 15 years or so. They have really stepped up public transportation and curbed driving so much. In addition they enacted some tough environmental standards. In the past things were so bad that birds would drop dead while flying and kids drew pictures with the sky colored brown - not blue.
Lead levels in the air are down 95 percent.
Sulfur dioxide is down 86 percent.
Carbon monoxide is down 74 percent.
I would imagine the air there can still present a challenge to breathe when compared to the nice air I enjoy in the country outside Grand Rapids, Michigan. But I thought such efforts AND RESULTS should be noised about and celebrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile