Buy Michigan Now is a great website.

Have you been to Buy Michigan Now? it is a great website that is all about supporting our state. They have tips on how you can focus your shopping and direct more money to support Michigan business.
There is a pledge you can take to support Michigan businesses. And they list all kinds of businesses with products made in our great state.
It really got me thinking and now when I shop for groceries or anything else, I start with the narrow focus of "how can I spend my money to best benefit my local economy", then I widen that to "regional economy", then I widen that to include anything in the state of Michigan.
Every little bit helps. It might cost a little bit more to buy something from a local provider than it does at a big box chain, but the local business owners are the ones who keep things afloat in YOUR neighborhood.
Check it out here: http://www.buymichigannow.com/

Comments

Unknown said…
Cliff, You should interview my daughter who is responsible for purchasing the food for the Grand Rapids School system. She has insisted on buying more and more Michigan produce. She says the students like Michigan Apples while the Washington apples get thrown in the trash. She saves the schools money and gives the kids a more nutritious diet. Outsourcing to private firms results in getting the cheapest price and not quality. It is not cheap when tastless and unhealthy food gets trashed. Don't quote me. If interested send a pm and I will give you her contact.
Big Red Dawg said…
Good news about what your daughter is doing Fritz (I know it says Jeanne - but I know it is Fritz hiding under the cover of his wife's email address!).
Better food from local/regional producers - everybody wins.

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile