Aerostich tire studs make winter MORE fun.

Winter has been real wintery, hasn't it? All the snow and ice have cut down on my riding time, so I decided to do something about it. Ordered some very small self-tapping studs from the fine folks at Aerostich.
Got them installed and while I might not be ready to ice race, me and my XT550 can handle the commute to work and riding around the neighborhood now.





Here is a view of the rear tire with studs installed.


First real test - can we make it up this hill on an ice covered dirt road?

Yup - the rear end wiggles around some, but we made it.


Roads like this pavement with ice/snow are a piece of cake.

Read the whole story here: http://www.yearroundriders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5101

Comments

Unknown said…
I finally decided you meant self-tapping studs rather than self-taping studs. To add to the confusion, the photo looks like pieces of tape on the tire. I would like to have some king of temporary device to ride on ice with no long term use in mind.
Fritz
Big Red Dawg said…
Ooops - The change has been made to self-TAPPING (what is a P between friends, anyway?).
Thanks for pointing it out - now, am I supposed to let you know that you spelled "kind" with a "g" and made "king"??
Hey,you must remember that these studs can be removed when the big thaw comes! I just pulled a few of them out of my front tire and changed where they were mounted so I know they come back out!
Unknown said…
OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPSSSSS!!!
Fritz

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile