Apple cider vinegar (ACV) and acid reflux (heartburn).

About 4-5 weeks ago I was snooping around on the net looking for natural cures for heartburn - aka acid reflux. I would find myself eating a Tums or two several times a week. I read several articles that explained how much potential damage the acid in my throat could do to my body.
Did a search and starting reading about ACV (apple cider vinegar). Holy smokes - it looks like this is good for lots of things. The website(s) all recommended using raw, unfiltered ACV for the best results. Being the sceptic that I am - I decided I wasn't going to spend the money for the raw stuff = especially since we had some regular ACV in the house that Julie was using to can veggies.
I started making myself a tonic with 2 tsp of ACV in water. I would drink it in the morning with breakfast and in the evening with dinner. Wow - noticed the effect on my acid reflux immediately. I used the regular ACV for a couple weeks just to make sure that it really helped. It did.
So I went to Harvest Health (http://www.harvesthealthfoods.com/) to check on the good stuff. Brought home a bottle of Bragg - organic, raw, unfiltered ACV with "the mother" which is some kind of naturally occuring enzyme thing.
Wow - this stuff does the job on my acid reflux. And I have noticed that I really look forward to my 8 oz of water with two teaspoons of ACV twice a day.
Hope this helps you in your quest for healthy living.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Cliff,

Glad to hear you have found some relief. Apple cider vinegar certainly does help many with acid reflux. In addition, many people have found that it works even better with baking soda included.

Best,
Frank Miller
http://www.theacidrefluxdisease.com
Big Red Dawg said…
What does the baking soda do for/with the ACV?
isiscowbaby said…
I have been using Braggs ACV for years and I agree it works famously. I suggest to anyone I meet that talks of "heartburn" for immediate relief do a shot of ACV works like a charm..I admit it is hard to take straight, I keep mine in the fridge makes it go down a lil easier. I will try the tonic method for prevention...

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile