Apple cider vinegar (ACV) and acid reflux (heartburn).

About 4-5 weeks ago I was snooping around on the net looking for natural cures for heartburn - aka acid reflux. I would find myself eating a Tums or two several times a week. I read several articles that explained how much potential damage the acid in my throat could do to my body.
Did a search and starting reading about ACV (apple cider vinegar). Holy smokes - it looks like this is good for lots of things. The website(s) all recommended using raw, unfiltered ACV for the best results. Being the sceptic that I am - I decided I wasn't going to spend the money for the raw stuff = especially since we had some regular ACV in the house that Julie was using to can veggies.
I started making myself a tonic with 2 tsp of ACV in water. I would drink it in the morning with breakfast and in the evening with dinner. Wow - noticed the effect on my acid reflux immediately. I used the regular ACV for a couple weeks just to make sure that it really helped. It did.
So I went to Harvest Health (http://www.harvesthealthfoods.com/) to check on the good stuff. Brought home a bottle of Bragg - organic, raw, unfiltered ACV with "the mother" which is some kind of naturally occuring enzyme thing.
Wow - this stuff does the job on my acid reflux. And I have noticed that I really look forward to my 8 oz of water with two teaspoons of ACV twice a day.
Hope this helps you in your quest for healthy living.
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

The Kent County Youth Fair is Moving and I am PUMPED for Lowell.

A review of Terro ant bait vs Raid - Terro wins big time.