Cast of Freaky Friday - yeah, its me again.


Dear Cast, Crew, Parents of Same, and EVERYBODY involved in Freaky Friday,

I am compelled to gush, brag, cheer, and generally whoop it up for everything I saw and heard at the Sunday matinee performance of your most excellent production. My introduction to the incredible job of putting on a musical at my favorite High School happened last year when Mary Poppins stunned me. (Read that blog here: Mary Poppins Review.)

I have to confess that as I was taking my seat yesterday I kind of wondered - is it going to be as good as MP? Could this group knock my socks off?  Yes, yes, and yes. 

It was outstanding. Everyone did a great job. I have never seen this musical before, but Emma and McKenna did such great jobs they will forever be the Blakes in my mind. If I ever see another production of Freaky, they will have to measure up to you two and you set the bar pretty dang high! It is a good thing I know Anna Doyle is NOT a snot ball - she was so good at being Savannah that I actually checked the program to make sure it was Anna up there
Everyone who sang one or more solos did an excellent job - your voices were great and we could understand the lyrics. 

The choral numbers were crazy good. When Gabryel did his singing while spinning around in the middle of all the cast members.....that was double crazy.

Sure, it is easy to notice the cast members with the most lines, songs, and stage time - but I was paying attention to ALL of you. From the orchestra in the pit to the stage crew moving all the scenery magic around to the chorus singers and dancers. As someone who has done crew work and had small parts and been in a chorus I might even go so far as to suggest it takes MORE effort to play a small part or an out of the spotlight part well. You folks are not getting the larges doses of applause and laughter (read "audience feedback") that the bigger parts receive. But I was watching you and you stayed in character - you sent the focus where it belonged - the set pieces were where they were supposed to be. 

It is with a big smile on my face that I salute each and every person who had ANYTHING to do with putting on Freaky Friday - Thank You for an outstanding job. Thank you for bringing so much positive energy and joy to a Sunday afternoon. Well done. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olive oil and lemon juice gallstone cleanse works!

A blog called SuperForest and saving seeds.

Love Wines Opens Tasting Room in Lowell at Red Barn Mercantile